There are several ways that one can prepare their food and end up being very delicious and at the same time very nutritious. This is not such an easy task for many and here are some of the few tricks that one can have used when preparing food.
- When you want to cook pasta very fast and maintain it nutrients it is advisable that you soak it in a water sealed bag for a couple of hours or overnight. After which you are able to cook it super-fast or just add it to a saucepan and it will cook very easily.
- You can always reduce the amount of cheese in your food, the less cheese in your food gives the meal an easy health upgrade. It is good to opt for cheese that has fewer calories and less fat like the goat cheese.
- Preparing meaty dishes can be done in a very nice way without tipping the calorie scale by adding whole grains and vegetable like brown rice and mushroom to the meat. It is also another great way of getting the much-needed grains and vegetables into your diet.
- Eggs are part of our meals on a daily basis as part of the breakfast or just the usual meal. The best way to get the best out of your egg is going for the egg whites instead of using the whole egg. The egg white contains about 16 calories and almost no gram of fat which when compared to the whole egg that has 54 calories and 5 grams of fat. When cooking you can replace a whole egg with two egg whites.
- You can always replace the bad fat with the good fats when cooking. Some of the bad fats that we normally use as they taste very good is the butter this can be replaced by the use of canola or olive oil which keeps saturated fats in check. You might not have realized that butter has almost seven times more saturated fat than oil.
- The other trick that will make your food healthy especially in baking id the use of whole grains. This can be done by using a whole wheat flour with the all-purpose baking flour. The reason why this is important is that it will increase the vitamins B, magnesium and also zinc in your meal.
- Reduce the intake of salt in our food. This has also been recommended by the USDA that we should consume less than one teaspoon of salt every day. which is not such an easy thing to do especially when you are making your food at home. The trick to beat this is by replacing the most used salt with some of the sodium-free flavor boosters like the lemon and lime squeezed in your food or some of the chopped herbs.
- Another very heaty way of eating food is trying as much as possible to cook with less cooking oil. This can be achieved by the use of olive oil and also canola oil which is some of the heart-healthy oils that can be used in any recipe. It is advisable that you will use less cooking oils when you cook on a stove top or enamel coated skillet and pans which have very little sticking.